Data Acquisition Team
Do you love football and do you want to be part of the next groundbreaking and rapidly growing startup in the field of football analytics? This is your chance! Metrica Sports is revolutionizing data-driven tactical analysis and we are expanding our Data Acquisition team!
We are looking for candidates to join our team in Amsterdam for the Major League Soccer season currently underway. Most workdays are scheduled on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but other days are a possibility as well, albeit to a lesser extent. Your job will consist of two main tasks:
1) Manage our semi-automated tracking software to acquire positional data for all players in a match
2) Identify and generate data on each event in a match, i.e. all passes, shots, ball recoveries, etc.
This data is the very basis of the analyses we provide to our clients including teams in the Spanish La Liga and the US Major League Soccer.
Why work at Metrica Sports?
Football is the most popular sport on earth. Billions of fans cheer for their teams every single weekend, while millions of players are giving it their all on the field. It connects people in a way that only a shared passion can achieve. It unites families; it creates friendships; it brings joy into the world. At Metrica Sports, we live to contribute to that passion. If you would like to a be a part of this, then Metrica Sports is the perfect place for you!
- This is a part-time position with flexible workdays; ideal for students and freelancers. Some weekend work is required.
- As an entry-level position, being part of the Data Acquisition team does not require a specific degree. However, it is required that you participate in and pass our software training.
- Only applicants living within a commutable distance from Amsterdam will be considered.
- You share our passion for football and value what it brings into the world.
- You pay attention to detail and won't settle for a job half-done.
- A young and enthusiastic working environment that breathes football and sports in general.
- Growth opportunities; new job openings in different areas of expertise (i.e. business, marketing, programming, management) will continue to appear while we are growing. Metrica Sports employees receive precedence in applying for such positions.
- Flexible (0-hour) contract; you work only when it suits you. Part-time contracts may be a possibility.
- 2-4 days of work per week
- Gross hourly rate of effectively ~€12.